LAW OFFICE OF                                 SHAWN DICKERSON


Hot Topics

How do I increase my child support?

How do I increase my child support?

If the person paying support is making more money, you may be able to increase your support order.  To get help, call our office or initiate a chat using the chat box below. We will tell you exactly what to do next to get the best possible outcome.  We offer an affordable solution to your child support matter.

If the judge ordered a child support amount below the guideline amount, you can ask to change that amount at any time. Guideline amount is determined by a complex formula.  California Family Code §4057(a) states that the guideline amount of child support, as determined by the formula, is “presumed to be the correct amount of child support to be ordered.” When the court orders a support order that is below guideline, you do not need to show a change in circumstances. You can increase your support order if you find out that the person paying support is earning more, that could be considered a change of circumstances and you may be entitled to more support.

What is a change of circumstance? A change of circumstance could be parenting time change, an income change, or the payor has had another child with someone else. Don’t delay on contacting an attorney to change your support order, waiting is one of the worst things you can do as your support order cannot be changed until you request it from the court. Until that point, the current order stays in place.

There is only one way to guarantee the best outcome for your situation. Call our office today or contact us online.

Shawn DickersonComment